JetPack 4.6 – L4T 32.6.1 is now available!
JetPack 4.6 is the latest release for the NVIDIA Jetson Developer Kits and modules. There are lots of goodies. Some of the highlights include Over-The-Air (OTA) updates, Triton Inference Server, and a new 20 watt mode for the Jetson Xavier NX. Go check it out!
The official blurb
Here’s the official blurb from the official NVIDIA Jetson Developer Forum:
We are pleased to announce JetPack 4.6 27, a production release supporting Jetson AGX Xavier series, Jetson Xavier NX, Jetson TX2 series, Jetson TX1, and Jetson Nano.
JetPack 4.6 includes support for Triton Inference Server 7, new versions of CUDA, cuDNN and TensorRT, VPI 1.1 14 with support for new computer vision algorithms and python bindings, L4T 32.6.1 16 with Over-The-Air update features, security features, and a new flashing tool to flash internal or external media connected to Jetson.
In addition to l4t-base container image, new CUDA runtime and TensorRT runtime container images are released on NVIDIA NGC, which include CUDA and TensorRT runtime components inside the container itself, as opposed to mounting those components from the host. These containers are built to containerize AI applications for deployment. Note that the L4T-base container continues to support existing containerized applications that expect it to mount CUDA and TensorRT components from the host.
Highlights of JetPack 4.6 are:
- Support for Jetson AGX Xavier Industrial module.
- Support for new 20W mode on Jetson Xavier NX 16 enabling better video encode and video decode performance and higher memory bandwidth. The included 10W and 15W nvpmodel configurations will perform exactly as did the 10W and 20W modes with previous JetPack releases. Any custom nvpmodel created with a previous release will require regeneration for use with JetPack 4.6. Please read release notes for details.
- Image based Over-The-Air update 17 tools for developing end-to-end OTA solution for Jetson products in the field. Supported on Jetson TX2 series, Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson AGX Xavier series. Download the OTA tools from the L4T page 16 under the Tools section.
- A/B Root File System redundancy 7 to flash, maintain and update redundant root file systems. Enhances fault tolerance during OTA by falling back to the working root file system slot in case of a failure. Supported on Jetson TX2 series, Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson AGX Xavier series.
- A new flashing tool 11 to flash internal or external media connected to Jetson1. Supports Jetson TX2 series, Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson AGX Xavier. The new tool uses initial RAM disk for flashing and is up to1.5x faster when flashing compared to the previous method2.
- Secure boot is enhanced3 for Jetson TX2 series to extend encryption support to kernel, kernel-dtb and initrd.
- Disk encryption 2 of external media supported to protect data at rest for Jetson AGX Xavier series, Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson TX2.
- NVMe driver added to CBoot for Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson AGX Xavier series. Enables loading kernel, kernel-dtb and initrd from the root file system on NVMe.
- Enhanced Jetson-IO tools to configure the camera header interface and dynamically add support 5 for a camera using device tree overlays
- Support for configuring for Raspberry-PI IMX219 or Raspberry-PI High Def IMX477 at run time using Jetson-IO too 6l on Jetson Nano 2GB, Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX developer kits.
- Support for Scalable Video Coding (SVC) H.264 encoding
- Support for YUV444 8, 10 bit encoding and decoding
- Direct downloadable links 6 to JetPack and L4T debian packages for Jetson
JetPack 4.6 components:
- L4T R32.6.1
- CUDA 10.2
- cuDNN 8.2.1
- TensorRT 8.0.1
- VisionWorks 1.6
- OpenCV 4.1.1
- Vulkan 1.2
- VPI 1.1
- Nsight Systems 2021.2
- Nsight Graphics 2021.2
- Nsight Compute 2019.3
Install JetPack 4.6 using SDK Manager or SD card image (for Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit 3, Jetson Nano Developer Kit 2 and Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit 3) or upgrade via Debian package management tool (refer to the instructions here 10)
Refer to Jetson Roadmap page 16 for roadmap on Jetson hardware and software.