Today NVIDIA released JetPack 3.1 which introduces L4T 28.1 with production support for both the NVIDIA Jetson TX1 and Jetson TX2 Development Kits. Also new is TensorRT 2.1, cuDNN 6.0 and expanded multimedia API functionality and samples. Components for Jetson TK1 remain unchanged.
JetPack 3.1 is available on the NVIDIA Embedded Developer Website.
From the JetPack 3.1 Release Notes
- New L4T Production Release 28.1
- This 64-bit BSP (Board Support Package) has been designed to work on both Jetson TX2 and Jetson TX1
- TensorRT 2.1
- New Customer Layer API enables integration of novel, user-defined layers
- Doubled Deep Learning inference performance for batch size of one
- cuDNN v6.0
- New fused convolution provides better performance due to faster compute in the fused kernels
- New dilated convolution reduces the number of parameters, which results in speed up of computation for certain applications like object detection and image segmentation that require convolution followed by upscaling
- Multimedia API v28.1
- New functionality
- TNRv2 (Temporal Noise Reduction)
- High quality spatio-temporal noise reduction using GPU. Recommended for applications where low light video quality is important and GPU requirement is acceptable. Typical GPU utilization is <8.5% for 1080p30fps operation on Jetson TX1.
- Piecewise linear WDR Support
- ISP now supports cameras with “built-in WDR” that combine multiple exposures on-sensor and transmit the result with a piecewise linear encoding. Functionality verified using Sony IMX-185 (and reference driver is included). This feature does not include support for other WDR technologies such as DOL or spatial interleaving.
- New samples
- How to share CUDA buffer with v412 camera and then process color conversion (YUYV to RGB) with CUDA algorithm
- How to render video stream (YUV) or UI (RGB) with Tegra DRM (Direct Rendering Manager), i.e. rendering support for non-X11 and lightweight display system. Tegra DRM is implemented in user-space and is compatible with standard DRM 2.0
- New functionality
JetPack 3.1 is available on the NVIDIA Embedded Developer Website. Go grab some new JetPack goodness!