Apollo Timbers over at Second Robotics is nearing completion of the NVIDIA Jetson Robot, a robot that is an experimental platform for vision and human interaction. Here’s a glamour shot:
Update 6-7-2015: Here’s some newly released video of the robot in action:
In the Build Blog, the build for the robot is described. The robot has some very nice features:
- 2 megapixel camera
- Custom laser cut chassis
- BaneBots orange wheels with motors/encoders for locomotion
- Large 10aH lithium Iron Phosphate battery
- Built in synchronous regenerative breaking
- Powerful Parallax motor and wheel assembly with built in quadrature encoder.
- Sabertooth dual motor controller
The blog also has several separate pages on the goals, concept art, power system design, and base build for the robot. In addition there is a spreadsheet with all the parts used during the build. The entire robot can be built for less than $1000 USD! Looking forward to seeing a video of this robot in action.